Search This Blog

Saturday 21 September 2013

ROSSO - Hitogoroshi (english translation)

I think this one is pretty accurate.

人殺し / Murderer*

Lyrics: Chiba Yusuke
Music: ROSSO

The two of us are lovers
I don’t know her name

I said “Let’s leave this city at dawn, on the first train”
The morning sun shone in from the window, lighting the two of us
There were cookie crumbs in the coat we were wrapped up in

It’s too green, that meadow we’d planned to go to
But, because this train wouldn’t make it there
At that time, I didn’t know
The policemen are everywhere

The two of us are lovers
I don’t know her name

Notes:
*You can read hitogoroshi as either "murder" or "murderer". I think it's interesting how dramatically the story in this song changes depending on which one you choose.

人殺し / Hitogoroshi


Futari wa koibito
Namae o shiranai

Akegata shihatsu de kono machi o dete iku tte
Mado kara asahi ga sashikonde futari o terashita
Kurumaru KOOTO ni wa BISUKETTO no kakera

Ao-sugiru ano bokujou ni iku tsumori datta keredo
Kono ressha wa soko made wa tsukanai n datte
Sono toki wa shiranakatta
Omawari-tachi ga sokorajuu ni

Futari wa koibito
Namae o shiranai

Kanji:
http://j-lyric.net/artist/a031eae/l012b06.html

3 comments:

  1. You are an awesome person and this blog is such a gem!
    I think that song has two versions. One is recorded as acoustic and included in "Dirty Karat" album.
    However, the one I am looking for is this one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6mmMdBlNuE

    still can't find in which album this song exist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I didn't know about that version. That's really interesting, since it seems like "Buranko" has a few extra lines in it that aren't in this version.

      It looks like the song was released as a B-side on the single "Vanilla". https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%90%E3%83%8B%E3%83%A9_%28ROSSO%E3%81%AE%E6%9B%B2%29

      Delete
  2. Hi! I'm writing a novel and I'd like to know if I can use your translation of Hitogoroshi for a quote. Of course if you'd let me use it I'll put your credits.

    ReplyDelete